I just spent hours trying to figure out why my standard ASP.NET Update Panel was not working in Firefox or Chrome.
Basically, here's the situation:
I had an UpdatePanel on aÃ‚Â content page. The ScritManager for the UpdatePanel was on the MasterPage. I used the default ASP.NET ScriptManager like this:
<asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="Server"></asp:ScriptManager>
On the update panel, I had a series of buttons that when clicked, were supposed to obviously post back to the server, get the results, and then post them back to the UpdatePanel. This was working fine in IE, but when I tried to run the same test in Firefox and Chrome, it would only post back the first call, then every call subsequent call after that made from within the UpdatePanel would fail. In fact, I noticed that after the first post back was made, all of the controls on the UpdatePanel were disabled. Not that they were disabled as if setting a control to be disabled, but they just did not do anything.
So, being a good troubleshooter, I decided to start from scratch and create a whole new solution using ONLY an UpdatePanel, a few controls, and one line of code. Basically, I created an asp:TextBox, an asp:Button, and an asp:Label. I threw all of these controls into an UpdatePanel. My intentions were this: I would load the page, type something into the textbox, click the button, and have whatever I typed show up in the label. Simple enough.
So, my findings were this:
I hope this helps you and saves you hours of work!